I haven't posted in a while because I'm exiled from my long nights in front of the computer. Apart from that reason, a good one, I can also say that lately I hardly listen to any music, I'm busy all the time and when I'm not, I just collapse in bed. I don't have much to tell, unless I write about the only music I get to listen these days, things like: "blue, red, one-two, red, blue..." but assuming you're not interested in that, I'll just try to write a few lines today.
We often talk about music and what music makes us feel. We know that sometimes we are not in the mood for certain bands, so we prefer to listen to another. It's again the famous bidirectional thing, if music makes us feel that way or we listen to that because we're feeling it. Whatever the answer, the choice is influenced by our state of mind and I guess we all have our special moods music. I personally have my João Gilberto mood -if I take that record it's plain to see that something is wrong- my Joy Division mood or some songs you like listening to when you feel happy or something similar. But now I think of something else to take into account: where. A while ago I was stressed and tired, after a long day my head and ears had put up the loudest and more annoying noises and just wanted to forget everything and relax my mind. I laid in bed with the headphones on and closed my eyes. And I tried to leave that room at the same time I entered in the music. That's a good technique, quite common too -we all do that sometimes- but for me, it had been ages since the last time. It was great, it was different. I don't have many records here, but the idea worked anyway. Some Conor whines in between. I don't know where you listen to music, probably on the computer. I don't know if where and how influences you somehow. I never wanted to listen to music on the computer and sometimes I don't like it because I'm more concentrated on that little msn window I'm waiting to see open, but on the other hand, I've got now " when you are on msn and you are waiting for those little windows to pop up music" and Jens Lekman is also my favourite music on the computer and I got to enjoy the art of mp3.
I think it's not the same being alone. I'm usually alone and when I've tried to play a record for someone, they don't seem enjoy. Probably they are too scared to say they don't like it when I'm saying "listen to this, it's great!" or maybe they really need to be alone to appreciate it. It never works, if you want someone to listen to your favourite album, lend it to them and give them time. After a while they'll probably tell you it's crap anyway. Some people prefer loud music or not that loud or music to do stuff to, it just depends. For me, it's certainly not the same. Lots of people love music when they're driving too and I guess I can tell you about this soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment